The Roberts Mackie Winstanley Resource Centre has been designed to provide our clients with access to our personal finance magazines and financial guides which are packed full of informative and relevant financial news. Click on our guides below to view them.

Digital magazine

Financial guides

Financial links

The following links will take you to other sites that are not connected to the regulated site of Roberts Mackie Winstanley. Neither Roberts Mackie Winstanley nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the contents/information contained within the linked site(s) accessible from this page.

The Money Advice Service
The Money Advice Service provides free and impartial money advice. This service was set up by the government to provide advice and guides to help improve your finances, tools and calculators to help you keep track and plan ahead, and support in person, over the phone and online.

Pension Wise
For free, impartial guidance on your pension options, you may find the government’s Pension Wise service useful. You can book a face-to-face or telephone meeting to discuss your options via the website. This service is not able to provide you with advice, nor does it recommend any products to you. Roberts Mackie Winstanley is authorised by the FCA to provide you with independent financial advice on your pensions and retirement options. Our advice is also impartial and we have the ability to access the whole of the market in order to provide you with advice and products that are suitable to your retirement needs.

DirectGov website: Check your State Pension
Find out how much State Pension you might receive and calculate your State Pension age.

The Pensions Advisory Service
The Pensions Advisory Service is a not-for-profit organisation that can provide general information about all pensions. Use this website to ask a question, search for info and use the planning tools to make sure your pension is working for you. The Pensions Advisory Service is free.

The Pension Protection Fund
The Pension Protection Fund was established to pay compensation to members of certain occupational pension schemes in the event of the employer becoming insolvent.

The Financial Services Register
The Financial Services Register shows whether a firm you are using, or planning to use, is authorised or registered by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), or is exempt. You can search the Register for information on a firm, individual or financial services product by entering a name, reference number (FRN) or postcode.

The Financial Conduct Authority
Consumers can use the Financial Conduct Authority website to find out about their rights with regards banking, insurance, mortgages and financial advice. The site also includes some very useful information about the latest scams and how to avoid them, and how to complain about a firm.

The Financial Ombudsman Service
The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is the official independent expert in settling complaints between consumers and financial businesses. The FOS deals with complaints against authorised firms that are still trading. If you make a complaint about our service and are not satisfied with our final response, you have the right to refer your complaint to the FOS, free of charge. Contact the FOS to register a complaint; call free on 0800 023 4567 or use the link for more information.

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) is the UK’s compensation fund of last resort for customers of authorised financial services firms. It deals with claims against authorised firms (those regulated by the FCA or the PRA) that are unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against them. This will generally be because a firm has stopped trading and has insufficient assets to meet claims or is insolvent. This website tells you what the FSCS covers and the compensation limits that apply. The FSCS is an independent body, set up under the Financial Services & Markets Act 2000 (FSMA). This service is free of charge.

TaxCentral provides tax calculators, including the payslip checker, tax information for UK taxpayers, and a comprehensive Tax Adviser listing.

Use the HMRC website to access information and publications on self-assessment, PAYE for employers, tax credits, national insurance, income tax, VAT, child benefit, paying HMRC, and tax agents and advisers.